Sunday, March 4, 2012

Scrapbooking Scripture Sunday & Show us your stuff challenge


Last week I boldly announced that every Sunday I would upload a layout that has a verse of scripture on it, and for the rest of the week I've been trying to work out what verse to use.  Problem is- I am completely spoiled for choice!  Meanwhile Tom has been hard at work  practising his trumpet pieces for the Sunbury Youth and Young Adults service tonight, and as they are playing one of our favourite songs "Everlasting God", I have had that going on constant repeat in my head!  (If you are not familiar with the lyrics for Everlasting God, here they are)

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord

We will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on the wings
Like eagles


So today I decided to just open the bible and pick a verse from whatever page it fell open to.  It fell open to Isaiah, and in the last column these words just jumped out to me.......


'Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;    they will run and not grow weary,    they will walk and not be faint.'

Isaiah 40:30-31


A coincidence....... I think not!  And so here is my layout using Isaiah 40:30-31a


This layout is for the Show Us your Stuff February Part 2 challenge.  The challenge was a recipe challenge-  


Use at least 3 pieces of patterned paper 

(I used October Afternoon "Sidewalks")


Use 3 embellishments

(Handmade flower- by the gorgeous Carol from "Tattered Inspirations", Handmade banner-  made by me!, Ribbon Bows,-  also made by me!)

Use at least 1 heart 
(Heart brads on my banner)
Use some paint somewhere on your layout! 
(This one was the hardest!  Paint and me don't go well together, but I bubble wrap painted the background with pale pink Kasiercraft paint)



Blessings,

Narelle xxxxxxx

7 comments:

laughing purple goldfish said...

loving it! especially the bubble wrap painting... you're better than you think you are :)

Sue said...

Truly amazing Narelle!! the bubble wrap and paint combo is fabulous, just a touch of texture without being over powering and the banner is gorgeous! :)

Sandrine Dawes said...

What a gorgeous layout Narelle, the photo is so precious thank of playing along at SUYS

Penny said...

What an adorable photo!!! I love this Narelle - and the paint really works. Maybe you'll use it more often now! Thanks for showing us your stuff this month.

leannes scrappy stuff said...

Great lo Narelle I just love the photo, its really nice to see scripture references on your lo, I am a christian too I think its really lovely God bless thanks for joining us a SUYS hope to see more of your work. Leanne x

sarah martin said...

Oh beautiful Narelle. I love the colours and your bubble wrap with the paint looks gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at SUYS x

Marelle said...

Oh what a fantastic layout Narelle - just love it xxxxxx